Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"You look like an actor"

I went into Wendy's to get a 99 cent baked potato and was annoyed to discover that the price has gone up to $1.49. I was debating internally whether it was really worth $1.50 to have someone microwave a 20 cent potato when the woman behind the counter started talking to me.

I had to turn down my mp3 player because it didn't sound like she was asking to take my order.

It turned out she was asking me if I was an actor. I said no. She looked at me like she didn't believe me, so I told her I'm too shy to even go on stage. She laughed but still kept eying me sideways.

Maybe she was trying to pick me up. Maybe I should have let her! Hey she has a steady job, she could support me in the style to which I've become accustomed.

1 comment:

Chompers said...

she totally could support you in the style to which you've become accustomed!